Sunday, August 29, 2010






I am sitting in the cafe downstairs of the complex I live in, hammering words into my computer, drinking some chai latte - yum, yum, and just contemplating life and such again.
Contemplating can be good right? Well, at least every now and then to clear your mind, get back on track and find good ways to appropriately point the finger at someone else to take the blame for something that's clearly your own fault.

Anyway, lets talk about the good stuff. I had a date this morning. That's good or is it? I live in a great area and right across the street from me is an Original Pancake House. I had driven by here a couple of times before moving into my place and always made plans to go. Funny, now that I have been living here for a couple of months in a few steps walking distance today has been the first time for me to go.
It was more a moment of convenience. Why go through the hassle of driving some place to meet a guy when I can have the guy just come meet me here. Who could say no to the Original Pancake House, right?
Also, have you ever experienced that moment after a date when you had gone some way to meet someone, and after the date you get to be in this weird place of being by yourself, driving away with your thoughts, maybe feelings, and you are not quite certain which direction your mind is heading?
I have come to find out you can avoid this weird moment, if you have the guy meet you at your place or pick you up and drop you off again. You get to be in your own four wall again and get to be around the things you are comfortable with, turn on music or the TV, read, give a little bit extra attention to your pet, if you have one...

So big thing on the dating list. Meet some place close to you. Guys have a less emotional way of thinking anyways and usually they have their moment on popular day three after the date or NOT. In this case even better you didn't waste extra time and gas.

Speaking about a dating list; ladies, don't have any guy take you out just for a coffee. It's usually for them to be able to end a date quickly, if you don't meet all their requirements.
They should be willing to invest the time to get to know you a bit better and not just over a 10 minutes coffee talk. Let it at least be breakfast or lunch.
By the way, breakfast or lunch dates are better than you would think. Dinner dates end the day and often can lead to you debating whether to separate once the date is over or not. Breakfast and lunch make this decision for you and you get to avoid this debate entirely.
So yeah, let it be omelette and pancakes a couple of times.

Back to the actual date. He was a little late but he had called about it. Had to help one of his neighbors with a piece of furniture. You just can never ever say NO to your neighbors. So wasn't that nice of him?!
I went ahead and got us a table and for the next two hours we kept asking questions back and forth, telling each others about our lives, played with our very polite and friendly server; though at times I was getting confused. Despite the fact that he kept complimenting me I felt like he was flirting with my date. Hmmm.
Well, I guess a good test to see whether your date maybe also fishes in other ponds. You never know anymore these days.
Date went well, the conversation was great and fluent without any awkward moments. If that doesn't make for two gummy points on the track list!
He had to rush out because he had to be at church at a certain time and I felt a bit bad because it looked as if he was going to be late.
Meanwhile, that makes another gummy point on the track list. You know it went half way well when one of you is about to miss an appointment or be late for something else following the date.
He called right after we had said bye while still being on the road to his appointment and we talked a bit while I was situating myself in the comfort of my home, right across the street from the crepes with strawberries I had just drowned in my stomach.

For the record: three gummy points.






No comments:

Post a Comment